To protect all of our most vulnerable citizens during this challenging time, the County of Orange is working with a diverse group of stakeholders including cities, nonprofits and faith-based organizations to address the complex issue of homelessness. The information below provides important information on this rapidly evolving public health situation.
- OCHCA Public Health
- Shelter Guidance and Resources (3/27/20)
- Homeless Shelter - FAQ (3/27/20)
- CDCD Medical Director – Guidance Memo (3/24/20)
- HCA Interim Guidance on COVID-19 for Homeless Shelters (rev 3/26/20)
- COVID-19 Screening Tool and Guidance (rev 3/26/20)
- National Health Care for the Homeless Council. COVID-19 Information for Homeless Shelters and Homeless Service Providers.
- CDPH Guidance for Homeless Assistance Providers on COVID-19
- CDC Interim Guidance for Homeless Shelters
- HUD Infectious Disease Toolkit for CoCs
- Preventing and Managing the Spread of Infectious Disease for People Experiencing Homelessness
- Preventing and Managing the Spread of Infectious Disease within Shelters
- Preventing and Managing the Spread of Infectious Disease within Encampments